Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tth

Sage TCX 7126 best lines for 2 hand overhead casting...

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Mike it would be if you all got rid of your VAT........... :(

:)

Jim

As a non European living outside of the Uk and Europe you do not pay the 20% VAT (value added tax) This applies to goods mailed or if you buy inside of Europe in a retail shop. The VAT will be deducted from the sticker price or you get a bit of paper that alllows you to claim it back.

We only steal from ourselves not our global friends. Hair shirt and all that.:)

Mike

Mike, back in the day Neil Mackellow sent me a Penn 525 Tournamag when Penn of UK first developed this long distance reel. I got gigged for the VAT when it was shipped to me via a UK retailer when Neil worked for Penn of UK. Also this same retailer was used for my Zziplrx Primo Syncro and again I got plastered with the VAT. Now I will be the first to admit I know little to nothing about the UK VAT laws but I just paid what I was told it would cost and why. Between the VAT and shipping cost with our import tax I paid $200+ more than if I walked into a UK store and looked at the Zziplex's price tag. I loved long distance casting 150gr class but would only fish this way 1-3 times a year . At one time I was field casting 2-3 days a week. Never got to world class distances but I could get well into the 700' range when I was doing it a lot (as I said I am a fairly big boy ;) ) I own one of Neil's tournament custom reworked Ambassador UMIII's with two spools that have never been cast since I bought them from Neil in Philadelphia PA when he was in town for PENN Tackle. I miss talking with him and the last I heard he was living in Cyprus working part time at a fishing tackle store to stay in the game.

.......l. I got gigged for the VAT when it was shipped to me via a UK retailer when Neil worked for Penn of UK. ....

Either the dealer was a patriot and dishonest or he pocketed the difference and was dishonest. Either way, you should not have been charged the VAT.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for sharing your wisdom about lines to use for 2H OH casting with this rod. I found some bargains this morning that I couldn't pass up and decided to buy the Outbound 37.5' head Intermediate lines. I bought the 9-12 weights so I could gain the experience of how the rod handled the various weights. When the lines arrive and I have a chance to experiment with them, I'll report back here.

With Sage discontinuing the TCX series, there seem to be some pretty good bargains to be found on this rod as dealers are reducing their inventories. Hopefully, this thread will help others who are purchasing this rod to find a good place to start when choosing a line for OH casting.

Thanks again everyone,

Tim