Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

NJ NERDs Gathering Itinerary

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

After making a ton of plans and preparations over the last 3 months, it's finally here. This Saturday the 13th somewhere in NJ (lol) the NERDs will have a fishing/test casting/BBQ/Rod Building session. All for FREE, can't beat that. Much thanks to Mike Mcg & Rapt Tite for putting so much time & energy into making this a hopeful success. Also thanks to NYCMAN for offering some custom plugs for us to use on Saturday, which I hope are completed? Thanks to Oznavad & Mike X for offering their services to get these rods wrapped.

Schedule of Events

4:00AM - meet at Mike McG's house

4:30 - head out to fish, if your late, we'll tell you the vicinity of where we will be on Friday.

9:00- meet back at Mike's house for coffee, bagels & donuts (someone has to drive me to a bagel shop)

10:30 - head to the park for the test casting event.

2:30PM - Hopefully the test casting can get done in 4 hours. Meet back at Mike's house for a BBQ. There is a list of guys on this list, and there is no more room. I apologize to those who are not on the list, but space is limited.

3:30 - Rod Building Q&A & any Demo's.

Just in case's

-\tIf you arrive late to Mike's house in the AM, make sure you have his cell. We're gonna let you know the area we plan on fishing beforehand.

-\tIf you're into fish, if fish are blitzing all around you - I don't expect to see you at Mike's house at 9AM. That's why there is a 1 ½ hour gap till the test casting event. If you are into fish like that, I'd appreciate a call. The sooner the better, this way I can post it on the internet and tell the entire world where the fish are, lol.

-\tTest casting is going to take a while. I'd appreciate some feedback before we go. There are 7 rods to be cast, both with braid & Mono. I was figuring on 5 guys throwing 20 casts with each type of rod, each line. That's a total of...5x20 = 100 x 14 = 1400 casts. That's really a lot. I think 10 casts per rod will be more than enough, no? That's a total of 700 casts. What do you think?

-\tBBQ - I hate turning people away for this, but that's how it has to be. There was a sign up sheet posted a while back, and space is limited. I apologize to those who didn't get on it.

-\tRod building Q&A. Nothing planned, I have something I want Rapt Tite to show me regarding wrapping guides with Madeira thread. If there is something you have a question on, please tell us beforehand so we can prepare.

**edited - real names were replaced with board names smile.gif TimS

[ 11-12-2004, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: TimS ]

The test casting event will be held at Shelter Cove Park in Toms River (hopefully there are no soccer games on Saturday. If so they might be ducking for cover from bright orange bank sinkers..lol) Directions are:

From the Parkway:

Exit 82 (Rt.37 east) at the third light take jughandle and cross over Rt.37. You'll be on Clifton Ave.(Pep Boys on the right) At the next light make a right (Cedar Grove Rd.)take that to the next light and make a right( Bay Ave.)Follow Bay Ave across Fischer Blvd. and down just about to the end of the road. Park is on the left

From Rt. 35:

Head south to Seaside and go over the bridge for Rt.37. Take Rt.37 to the 8th light(I hope)and make a right(Clifton Ave)follow directions above.

Plan B (if we can't use the park) is to use the field at Cedar Grove Elementary school. It's on Cedar Grove Rd.(go figure)School is on the right side and the field is in the back

Plan C is to just make up the distances and lie about all the results(just kidding)

Should be a good time, looking foward to meeting everyone.

My cell is (732)300-0211 if you have any questions or if my directions land you in Virginia

Thanks,

Mike

I'm gonna bring a few GUSA blanks with me for people to play with. The recently dropped their prices 20%, so you guys who may have been scared off by the price may be able to talk me into a good deal on some blanks.

Should be a fun day tomorrow. Look foward to meeting a lot of new faces, and trying to stay away from those faces which are all too familiar to me. lol.

**edited - real names were replaced with board names smile.gif TimS

Thank you for bailing me out Tim, I'm really sorry for doing that, & I should know better.

Nice weather we're gonna have. I won't be getting there until 10, sorry. I need a driver's license.

"Also thanks to NYCMAN for offering some custom plugs for us to use on Saturday, which I hope are completed?'

what these plugs? yup, all done and ready to be scattered across the northeast. lol il have 7 of each color plus 1 extra for folks to fight over.

billybatch1.jpg