Seeker CLB 708 grip?

Rate this topic

MikeStaten

Al,

I would like to use a different butt grip than EVA or Cork. I'm not a big fan of foam grips and think cork may get beat up in the rod holders. Would the Stuart tuff-butt be way out of place on this rod? I would be using a 5-6" cork fore grip and figure the tuff-butt might give the rod a custom look. If not would cork hold up in the rod holders good? Thanks, Mike

Mike, just curious - what type of rod holders are you putting this rod into? I've seen plenty of rods with both cork and EVA that get put into rod holders on party boats, and they are just fine.

Billy

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

Mike

What I have done is cut a piece of the tuff butt about 2" length,where the grip meets the rod holder install the tuff butt and the rest of the rear grip to the length you want.The tuff butt prevents the eva from being damaged since it rest at the juncture of the rod holder,gives the protection of the tuff butt without the added weight.The nice part is the average rear grip and tuff butt are the same size and almost the same color,works quite well and you get a few pieces of the tuff butt that are usable

John