Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EBHarvey

Help - threads spreading during butt-wrap

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I just started a simple chevron pattern and am having a huge problem with the threads spreading out where they cross. I'm using Rice metallic size A (problem #1 ?) over a size D (NCP) underwrap. In the past I've wrapped a few threads consecutively on each axis and haven't had this problem, but this one is shaded, so to make the color transition appear smoother I'm wrapping only one thread at a time on each axis (problem #2 ?). Other than packing the threads together with a pin and dabbing them with CP, is there anything else that might help? Thanks.

The underwrap has nothing to do with it. Nor does the thread size. Your problem starts with wrapping of one thread at a time. Each time two threads cross a bump or joint is formed. As the design progresses you get more and more joints at this intersection ending up with the combined width of double the threads leading up to the intersecting point. Only answer is wraping multipul threads on each pass. Less tension will help just don't use waterbased color perserver.