Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfratny

shrink tube?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

thanks guys but i have the quick grip stuff i was looking for the pvc type shrink tube which is glossy i need the glossy stuff for decorative purpose i found a electrical supply place by me i will give it a try geeze this stuff is hard to find in diffrent sizes most online places only sell in bulk

I have not seen the PVC shrink tubing before and almost always it has been the polyolefin stuff that is used in the electronics industry. I can only suggest you try McMasters. Goodluck.

[This message has been edited by mrsinbad (edited 02-28-2002).]

Once you put on the heat shrink tubing, it shrinks down in diameter but thickens to at least twice the thickness or more. It is the same thickness as the Quick Grip I have on my rods. I had to cut off some of the heat shrink on one rod because I messed up the installation and it was just as thick as the Quick Grip.

gone,

I'm sure there are various thicknesses of shrink tube. Quick grip is thick shrink. So, I'll clarify my statement. The tubing from allelectronics.com is half the thickness of Quick grip.

actually McMasters had what I needed pvc shrink tube pretty cheap too they sell it (6) packs 6" long I like to use the glossy shrink wrap when going from cork or quick grip to blank it just looks better thanks again folks