Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stripercrazy

4rpm motor good for applying flexcoat?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I have Cabelas' 4rpm for a few years now, and I think it's rather slow for applying fc. For the next motor, I will go for ~8rpm. If the motor is too slow, it's hard to keep the edge of the fc. straight.

4rpm might be good on a thin rod but, try using it on a big fat meat slinger cwm31.gif ...takes all day just to rotate once. I'd try something more along the lines of a 10 -18 rpm.

I got five motors and all but one are 8rpm. The other is for teasers and is 18rpm. I think whatever you get used to eill work, but 4rpm on a big rod, I don't know. Towards the end it might be like spreading peanut butter.

It'll work. Just do more spreading latterally or tf needed. , turn the rod with one hand and apply with the other then just use the 4 RPM to keep it spinning after the application. I usuallu use the 18 if I'm using it to apply then switch it to the 4 RPM just to spin. With some very thin finish like UD40 , I think the slower motor spins less up where the feet meet the blank.

Oooops. My bad. cwm15.gif I missed that applying Flex Coat somehow. My 4 RPM motors work great for me for leveling Flex Coat. I don't apply finish under power; always have been able to work a lot faster (and neater) turning by hand while doing the application.