Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

Power wrappers

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Joe, I have the clemens power wraper and its a peach. I got it from C&G Tackle Outlet a little while ago. Keep your eye on ebay this guy puts one up for sale once every couple months. I think the last one sold for about 570.00. This is a super rod lathe, and I'll bet some other guys have good things to say as well.

Bruce

I have a Renzetti. Bought it from Andy shortly before he relocated his whole operation down to Florida. He sorta had the lathe business on the backburner at the time, maxing out all possible production on his great fly tying vices and accessories, but I wanted an original and always have been glad I went the route of setting it up to get one of his. Plus it gave me chance to meet him and get a great tour of his works one Sunday afternoon, quite a few years ago. He's really a great and gifted guy.

Clemens restructured as C&G Tackle Outlet and they still sell the orignal Clemens Lathe. Dick French is now the sole owner of the business. You can look them up on the web, and the price of the orignal clemens lathe is much cheeper than the Ranzetti. Dick is also a great guy to do business with. I'm fortunate I live close to his warehouse and can peruse his inventory on a regular basis. What more could a rod builder ask for than to have a warehouse close by. Actually my house is starting to look like a rod warehouse

Bruce

Clemens & Renzetti are basically the same...just one costs a heck of a lot more.

There's nothing wrong with teh Pac Bay, Amtak & those wrappers - but m recommendation is that if ou are serious and expect to build a lot of rods - save your pennies and get a Clemens Lathe, otherwise continue using what you are using now.

clemens (C&G) is not the same as renzeti....not even close IMO, clemens much better

I'm sure that's a brilliatly formed opinion. How many Renzetti's have you owned? And do share with us your specific points and issues.