Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike D

Need Blank Advice

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Looking to build a 9 foot conventional for plugging. Throwing 1-3 oz. plugs or bucktails.

Building one with the Tristate Rod Builders club at their 3 day class. Thought I was going to build one on a lami Ron Arra blank but I've been known to break and few that price may be a little steep right now.

What's a good blank for this purpose in the $80-$100 neighborhood?

Thanks

Go glass, SB121-3M cut a foot off the butt. Forget the warranty, the only way you'll break it is with a car door, screen door, or if you back over it, twice eek.gif

1 pc only. I hate two piece rods. Only 2 pc rods I own are 10 footers. Anything 7' to 9' go 1 pc.

Thanks for the help. The 120 1L (less some butt)or Batson 1087 seem to be the fan favorites.

Mike, a Batson 1087 blank goes for between say $70 and $85, but I found one from a guy that no longer ships blanks for $58.

I love my set-up. I throw some smaller bombers and plastics with it (about 3/4 oz at the lightest), and some heavier stuff like full sized hopkins without a problem. i don't use bait, so the big hopkins is about the limit for heavy stuff.