Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jameson

Stripper Guide

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I have a 9' allstar factory rod and it casts well but It seems compared to other surf rods I own and see on the beach that it is much closer to the spool than most if not all.

Somehow I remember Ron Arra at the LI Fisherman show in sept. saying something like 40" from the reel?? I may be wrong about the last part but the rod he was displaying had the guide farther up the blank than mine. If you need the measurements for an accurate answer just ask. The rod is LDFS 90M and it says 1-3oz but some people selling it label it as 2-4oz? Dumbfounded about the diff labeling. I enjoy reading your forum Mr. G. Very knowledgeable.

JC

JC,

You did not say whether the rod was spinning or conventional.

For spinning it could range from 40-52 inches depending on the reel and line being used.

For conventional 28-32 inches is the range.

Al G.

The rod is spinning. I usually use a 710z with 12-15# line. Sometimes for eels I use 20#. If the guide spacing is wrong why would Breakaway label this there LDFS (long distance fishing system)?? I love the feel of the blank but I cannot get this guide spacing thing out of my head? Suggestions PLS.

THanks again.

JC