Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EirikGF

Elevated seating for Native Ultimate

3 posts in this topic

Greetings from Norway! This is my first post on Stripers Online. Unfortunately we do not have any stripers up here in the fjords, but we do have other saltwater predators that behave somewhat along the same lines. Therefore i find this forum very usefull, and have been reading it for a while. especially the fly-tying section! 

Anyways, the reason i am posting this is as the title implies that i need a way of elevating the seating for my Native Ultimate Kayak. Native is not a common brand in Norway, in fact kayak fishing has not realy caught on here. My father bought the kayak a while back, but the store where he bought it is no longer a dealer for native, and i am having some difficulty in finding local dealers that sell accessories for the brand.

My question then is if anybody knows of a good online international dealer that sells something like this?

Here is an example of what i had in mind:

http://www.nativewatercraft.com/accessory.cfm?id=27

I know they list their dealers on the site but it is divided by states and takes a good long while to go through. So if anyone knows of a good online kayak dealer that does international shipping, i would be very happy to hear of it! It does not have to be a native brand either, as long as it is compatible.

Also, if anyone knows a cool DIY. solution for this, i am all ears! biggrin.gif

-Eirik

Eirik, .....Try Austin Canoe and Kayak in Texas. They list the Captain's Perch on their website and it looks like they ship internationally. I've purchased from them several times here in the USA and they were always very helpful and shipped quickly. There are probably other dealers, but these guys are the only one's that I have experience with and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Tim

I've seen several DIY seat risers. I had the Native one when I owned my Ultimate and it was just a block of hard foam in a nylon cover. google will get you there.

here's an easy one.