Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick Gilman

CGBT84M

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys A friend of mine would like me to build him a 7' rod that he could use for just about anything (Tog,Cod,Stripers chunk,bait,eels). What do you guys think about the Lami CGBT84M as an all around blank for this purpose. I am also open to any other suggestions you may have. He doesn't fish as much as he would like so that is why he is looking for a do all rod. As always thanks for your help. Rick

Rick, keep in mind that if you are referring to this model as it was produced prior to June it is now designated as "CGBT84MH". This original stick was really a 40 lb. blank and we replaced it with a 30 lb. model.

Todd

Having built many of the original CGBT841M I would recommend the new 30 lb blank for your needs. However,if you plan on codfishing by deep jigging than go with the heavier 40 lb blank.

Al G.

P.S. Rick, since you live just north of me, please feel free to visit and pull on these blanks.

Al

Al,

thanks a lot for chiming in here as your knowlege of the uses of these blanks is far greater than my own.

I know this may be a pain for the first season or so but changing the model here was the only way I could see to insert another new blank.

Todd