Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gilbey

Lami CGX Blanks

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I am lookin' to build a fairly stout flukin' stick, something with a sorta soft tip but kinda' fast action on down the blank, maybe 7' conventional. It would be for when the tide is rippin' in the bay or when, heaven forbid my buddy insists we head out front for some drifting. Say primarily 1 1/2 -2 1/2 ounces, but able to handle 4 if needed. Bucktails, bullets and/or standard bait rigs. I am looking at the Lami blank catalog and thinking about the CGX series - 84MH or 84H or 90XH chopped down. Anybody build on these or have another suggestion?

I have a CG84MH, and it is softer than the XC84MH, by alot. More parabolic. It's also a bit heavier. My understanding is the CGX is stouter/heavier than the regular CG, and probably a better choice.

I absolutely LOVE the XC84H, or 80H for what you want to do, although that will be replaced by othe rblanks shortly. I also have IM7 Lami;s, which are even lighter and stiffer than the XC's yet have a nice Moderate bend when loaded up - perfect for Fluking.

If you want to drop by and see all of these blanks, let me know. (CG84MH, XC78M, 80H, 84MH, 84H, IMC78H, 80H). I did mention I love these, right?