The "Insects" Thread

Rate this topic

neat mike, do you know what it is?

Had to do another dragonfly, they certainly are strange creatures. Today while hanging clothes, I was actually able to touch one before it moved, so went and got the camera, they all flew away. :mad:

except this one. ;)

" I did my worst, but I did it well "

Fizzy, I have no idea what it is. One of a million moth caterpillars, but I couldn't tell you which one. I really like the caterpillars more than the moths/butterflies they turn into.

I'm with you on the dragonflies. There's so many varieties and they seem to have a personality to them. I could shoot them all day. Plus, they eat mosquito's and flies, so there's that.

Fizzy, I have no idea what it is. One of a million moth caterpillars, but I couldn't tell you which one. I really like the caterpillars more than the moths/butterflies they turn into.

I'm with you on the dragonflies. There's so many varieties and they seem to have a personality to them. I could shoot them all day. Plus, they eat mosquito's and flies, so there's that.

Nice all

The caterpillar appears to be a white-marked tussock moth .

As far as Dragonflies and Damselflies there are groups just like the bird watchers that specialize in watching them too. I recently received a report from one of the bird watchers that does just that too and it's very interesting. search for odenews.org

Two things in life I love. Fishing, and looking at the wives pictures on the milk Carton

Clear wing sphinx moth feeding on one of the butterfly bushes in front of the house (taken a couple of years ago - they haven't arrived yet this year). Really neat insect - I've never seen one land while it is feeding. I love that you can see its proboscis dipping into the flower...