Advise for someone who would like to wrap his own rods

Rate this topic

fishfind

I started by reading Advanced Custom Rodbuilding by Dale Clemens. By far teh most info of all teh books out there. IF you want to just get started and build a rod from start to finish, TEH book by Tom Kirkman is the one to get, and is more up to date than teh one by Clemens.

TEhre are also several videos & DVD's out there, several message boards where you can ask questions & Etc, including this one right here.

Another option is to just learn by pimping the boards for info - let us know what you want to build, we'll tell you teh right blank & components, and you can use the SEARCH feature to cross reference the info. There are also start to finish articles somewhere on the Articles section of SOL, plus quite a few posts which ask the EXACT same thing as you are asking right now.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

I started by a little pamplet from flexcoat, and it was pretty crappy but since you are already on a computor there are a lot of tutorials for rodbuilding online. Really its just putting thread on a stick, just becareful with the epoxy for the guides, read and search the phorems, and ask questions, rodbuilding.org is the best site i have found read the library and mudholes. literally you can do it pretty well with just a cardboard box with notches as your rod stand and a heavy book as your thread tensioner, and that's about it buy rod bond for your handles and reel seats. just my 2 cents