Hummingbirds

Rate this topic

I didn't see a topic for Hummingbirds when I made a search, so I'll start one. Am I the only one who does not get the little buggers during the day?? I get plenty of them between 8:00 and 8:30 at night, but I never see any during the day. I've seen some shots from members here and they were obviously shot during the day. Does anyone else have this issue? Obviously, 8:30 pm is not the ideal time to be taking pics of something that is 2-1/2 inches long. BTW, they are coming to feed on coral bells and my feeder. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Ken

CC

Ken this year has been a wierd year for hummingbirds at my neighbors and my feeders. I planted some special honeysuckles supposedly a hummingbird favorite and never saw even one bird feed on these. I usually have 4-8 active birds each year this year I have one that is only doing occasional fly bys very early in the morning and at dusk. That is why I have taken down one of my two feeders and may take the other one down as well. I just am not getting enough bang for the effort this season.

Ive been trying with a flash to get some shots but these guys are anything but cooperative. Ive wanted to freeze the wings but I'm figuring out its not that easy. Direct sun & a flash might help

I've only had a few visit our feeders.

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

nice moocks.

I have a male ruby throat with odd white patches on both his wings, he has been coming to my feeders for at least 3 years.

He's the first one here in the am and the last in the pm. He likes to sit on my clothes line, under the porch roof overhang when it's raining.

" I did my worst, but I did it well "