Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crafter of Rod

RodCrafters' National Seminar

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

The R/C National seminar (the last Rodbuilding gathering before summer!)will be March,10th & 11th. at the Sheraton Inn ,in Allentown,Pa .

I have a registration form via e-mail & you then can forward it to the coordinator.I also have directions,& local info((FOOD !! ) for the area.

There's a message board where you can request the topics YOU want covered(copy & paste)::

http://rodcrafter.community.everyone...lientID=232335

photos (copy & paste):::

http://208.56.213.120/rcmembers.htm

hotel link:***do NOT make reservations thru the hotel...that will be done thru the registration form !!

http://www.sheratonjetport.com/pleasure.htm

E-mail me for form or more info...

rodwrap@penn.com

OR>>> CONTACT AL !!

High Big Guy,I thought you would eventually show up. Harv is the national VP of Rodcrafters and his rodwork is amazing. He is also my CPA (Constant Pain in the Ass). Talk about a slave driver. Phew!!!

Really guys, if you want to learn alot about the finer points of rod building this is the event to attend. This will be my 23rd year and it's still like "walking under Niagara Falls with a tin cup" trying to catch all the assembled knowledge.

So, if you are serious about rod building please make every effort to attend. You will not be disappointed.

Al

And all this time I thought I was your CPA!! Looking forward to meetng you Harv - gotta see those grip inlays in person. I looked aroung Brooklyn for the Weldwood Thinner, including ACE, can't find it. It seems like you've cornered the market on this stuff. I guess I'll have to wait for the National to pick some up from you.

Al, I'll see you tomorrow - can't wait to see the rods you and Neil are going to have. Just a reminder, BHNLG guides, 20 through 10 with the matching SIC tip top. Thanks again, Billy

Billy,

The guides are already packed up. Now I know the meaning of 5 lb of s__t in a one pound bag. It seems more like fifty pounds. I can't fit another rod or blank in the car.

Al

P.S. You can get Weldwood Contact Cement in Home Depot.

[This message has been edited by Al Goldberg (edited 02-15-2001).]

Al,

Don't forget the preperation H for the National !

Your achey-brakey butt is gonna need it !!

If that doesn't work...the Contact cement thinner poured down your buttcrack ought to send you out thru the yard sliding like a hound dog with tape worm !! LOL !!!!

biggrin.gif

later Bud !!

[This message has been edited by Harv (edited 02-16-2001).]

the Contact cement thinner poured down your buttcrack ought to send you out thru the yard sliding like a hound dog with tape worm !! LOL !!!!

Thanks for the laugh Harv!! I almost fell off my chair...Al we're laughing

with you biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

It's me again. Remember, the guy with the screaming butt crack.

Just a reminder, it's less then two weeks to the National Rodcrafter Seminar in Allentown, PA. If you are really serious about rod building then this is the event in the northeast and mid atlantic to come to.

We will have builders coming from all over the country and from as far as Florida and Washington state. Todd Vivian, blank designer from Lamiglas, will be there to introduce the new line of composite surf blanks.

This will be two full days of talks and demos along with a fabulous flea market to pick up blanks and other components at great prices.

Hope to see you there,

Al

Less than two weeks, huh? The deadline is colsing in on me here. Trying to finish up these two rods. One has the underwraps and healf the guides on. tonight I'll get the other ones on there, and then apply the epoxy. The other may not get done in time - waiting for a tip-top and Don Morton's paperwork on Spiral wraps and guide placement in general. Really wanted to finish this one, but it'll be close.

Mark, look forward to meeting you there, as well as any other SOL guys.

See ya' soon, BIlly

Hey Big Guy,

It's a 40 foot stick for tournament fishing that Chris I hope will bring. No kidding guys, it's a 40 foot rod in 5 eight foot sections. Goes for about $6-8 thousand.

Al

Since I don't know what my work schedule will be that week is it possible just to show up sat & get in ,or do you have to have made reservations in advance??

derf

Billy,

I'm really looking forward to the seminar and meeting all of you guys. On the registration form where it asks you what you're interested in learning about, my answer was brief -- "everything". Mark