Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HSelesa

burners and motors

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hello Al,

I am thinking of getting two things in the near future and need some help. I want an alcohol burner but can't seem to find denatured alcohol for it. Someone mentioned methanol and I know where to get this. My question is, can I use rubbing alcohol as this is readily awailable? Is there another name for denatured alcohol?

I have been hand wrapping rods using V-blocks but would now like to get a power wrapper. The PacBay Rodsmith is within my budget but I am concerned about the 110V motors that are being supplied with it. I am from a country that uses 220V. How do I convert these motors for use here?

TIA

Henry

Hello Henry,

Go into a hardware store or camping equipment store and ask for alcohol fuel for a camping stove. It is the kind you want.

I am sure PacBay has 220 volt motors for use in Europe and the Far East. I will check on my end and get back to you with more info.

Al

Thanks Billy40, Al for the replies.I went around the hardware stores yesterday and I have a strong feeling that denatured alcohol is what they call "spirits" here. It is used as a substitute for paint thinners and is also used to heat up the mantle of a kerosene/paraffin lamp. It gives out a blue flame.

Al, does anyone sell the Rodsmith without the motors?

Thanks again

Henry