Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rickhern

glb 84 1m

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Just stripped down this rod, going to rewrap as a spinner. Any ideas on guide size, spacing, single vs. double. Was thinking 5 guides, single foot hardloys, 25, 20, 16, 12, 12. How does that sound?

What reel you gonna use??? If its a high frame reel like a Stradic or something, 25 is not enough unless you move it way far away from the reel, youre casts will really suffer otherwise. I would go with a 30 minimum (maybe 40 depending on what reel youre gonna use.... single foot for the last 3 guides as well...

BC

Thnaks BC. The reel will change depending on the situation, but I have been using an old cardinal 4 that I picked up on ebay and I love it - the sound of the click is mesmerizing?!?

I'm with Big...

You can go with single foots all the way after the 40 if you like and if you go with a 30 you can go single all the way. I do prefer the double for the stripper as it is afar more durable and has a big frame for hanging a lure on. icon14.gif

p.s. Nice rod!!

What have you found to be the best application for this rod?

Makes a great conventional boat rod for the mid weight stuff and eeling. At 7' its a short back bay rod, or a boat/kayak rod. Make a good small plug spinner for the boat too.