Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfcaster1

GSB1201M vs GSB1321M

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Need some education here. What are the benefits of a Lami GSB1321M over a GSB1201M or vice versa?

If I can build either blank which would serve me better? I fish South Shore Long Island sand beaches mainly with occasional trips to Montauk.

Surf-

I fish the 1201M. I built it as a conventional rod. It's a very nice bait rod. The sweet spot for me seems to be 5 oz. and bait (chunk or clam). For me it's not a nasty weather rod. The So. Jersey beaches I fish are very similar to the South shore LI beaches. Don't know how it would perform at Montauk. Caught many stripes and blues on it and it can handle the load. I don't know about the 1321M. My new favorite is the Rainshadow SU1418. Very nice. Sweet spot at 7 oz +/- and bait. Does just as good down at 5 & 6 oz. too. Loads and throws very well. Hope this helps.

BEsides the obvious difference of 1 ft. LOL, there are a few factors that can sway you. If you like to throw pencil poppers, go with the 132 1M. It works a pencil popper incredibly well... other than that, both rods are great for what you describe. 120 1M is the most used rod in montauk IMO. It does everything very well (cept doesnt pencil pop like the 11 ft) Its lighter than the 11 and can't handle as much weight. In bigger water (storms, wind etc) I would want the 132 1M. the 132 1M will cast farther than the 10 ft (more leverage) me personally, I would go with the 132 1M, only becasue of Pencil popping and the ability to fish it in big water...but I would (and do) use both... and a 132 1L and 120 1L and xra 132-2, and well you get the idea!!

smile.gif

BC