Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grampa old spook

ok who has lami blems left?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

i waited to long for mudhole to get the model in i wanted and they didnt replace them as some hassle with using the lami name etc (1364 model i think).so who has the lami surf blems these days? anyone?its either that or i build a harnell 542 up next month but still need a blem source.thanx in advance...

Al,

I thought that was the case also, but someone told me that Merrick was going to handle them. That doesn't sound right to me, but I'm sure you could easily find out.

Spook, take a look at the Rainshadow blanks. I've built 5 for myself and some friends and have order 15 for other people. Every serious surf rat that wiggles one ask me to get them one or two. You can get a factory first for the price of a Lami blem.

ok guys many thanx,i seen the rainshadows on the web but man im hesitant an lest i can do a shimmy shake wiggle first.i grafted the lamistein 1364 m me and dave created back together again for a flagpole using a solid inner glass rod and an outer section of lami tube over it so it may or may not hold up for the 4th time,i aint really gone out and heaved it to hear a sickening snap yet either but it does pass the floor bend test without breaking.anyhow im trying to find that blem to build,if not its a harnell again as i miss my original harnell muchly.thanx again gramps...

Grandpa check out Bo Gi's b/t in Bklyn.

he has some Harnells.... I just built one for meself and LOVE it!!

ask for Rudy

RJA

------------------

If a Ram is a Goat and a Mule is an Ass

then why is a Ram in the Ass a Goose?

thanx guys,ive had the harneall harrington catalog for a while now too,rj ifi was in nyc yep id check him out but im stuck in maine so shoots that down,im probably gonna build the 542 to replace my old one with a simple tape grip and stainless rings just like it and tape on a squidder or that iron 4 qauntum i have.dunno yet,veals has a colleted reel seat ive been looking at too as well which may find a home on it but i like the old tape job a bit better as i getthe grip tape feel up to the reel itself.thanx again guys,i appreciate the help!