Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadman

What do these numbers and letters mean?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I have a 7 ft. Bronco conventional rod that I use 90% of the time when I am plugging. I bought this rod years ago and I think the Bronco rods are the predecessors to the Star rods. Anyway , it has BRSG 1216 written on the blank. Can anyone tell me what this means?

BRSG1216 doesn't mean anything other than just a model number; there's no length or style code in the designation. That one is cataloged as a 6 1/2 foot (not 7 foot) "casting & popping rod" listed for 12 - 20 lb. line with no lure wt. range given.

Bronco rods are not "predecessors to the Star rods". Star has been around for over forty years and the Bronco rod line is a relatively new (and much smaller) product line from Merrick Tackle.

Bill, Thanks for the reply...I thought it was a seven until right after I posted I held it up to another rod I know is a seven and was a little shocked, since this is my favorite rod and I have been using it for years. redface.gif Well live and learn....Thanks for the info on the rod..... icon14.gif

You're quite welcome. BTW, if you're ever looking for another of those, be aware that they changed the model numbering for that line a few years ago. Your BRSG1216 is now Bronco model number BCR5