Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
korkerstud

Lami SMB 84 2F

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hi Al and all,

How do you like this S-glass blank? I'm thinking about building one for inshore fluking/bunker chunking/blackfishing using 2-5 ounces of lead and 15-25 lb mono(braid for Tog). If I trim the tip back about 6 inches, could it handle this? I'm thinking it might be too light. Thanks

Hi.

I have built on this blank. It makes a great fluke rod,especially if you are a rod tip riser before you set the hook.

Also great for porgys. This is a mono but NOT a synthetic line blank. The walls are not thick enough.

A customer of mine used one for 3 years with great success. This year he started using synthetic line and you guessed it, it is no longer a 1 piece rod.

This blank is fiberglass and flexes in a parabolic curve. Therefore I would not use this blank for blackfishing.

When you cut back the tip area this does NOT increase the line poundage you can use. A blank rated at 20 lbs is still a 20 lb. rated blank no matter how much you cut the tip back.

Capt Neil

Capt Neil and Al,

Thanks for the valuable info, it is much appreciated. This blank was recommended to me for the fishing I mentioned above, but it seemed too light for the job.

Al, I'm gonna check out the blanks you mentioned. Thanks

Alex