Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cool Hand Fluke

Next step in this rod build

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I just drilled the hole with my dremel in a Lami MB 114 3F to make it an interline toggin rod. Where can I get the finished inserts that will fit in the hole I have made. I can't find them anywhere.

The dremel did a real neat job and I only nicked the rod once which I have already epoxied over.

I have seen some rods that look like they are using Fuji WDBSG10(8 & 6) Concept - Double Foot - Power Oval guides. Anglers' Workshop still carries these guides. As for the innerflow top I have not seen any available.

Did you check first if the actual Interline rods have some sort of "coating" on the inside of the blank, making it smooth? The inside of the glass might be a little abrasive on your line. Did you think about the tip top? How are you going to have the line exit the blank, and go through a tip? Or were you not going to use a tip top?

Drill a few more holes, you might still be able to salvage the blank...as a Flute. Cool Hand Flute.

Interline rods are specially built so that the inside of the blank has a raised spiral to creat the effect of have hundreds of guides. I don't think it's gonna work with the Lamiglas blank.