Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flysully

Who Is Rachel Marie?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Gosh, SO many beautiful patterns from a fairly new poster, Rachel Marie!

Who is this gal with the beautiful patterns?

Do we know her in another name? Or from another site or commercial fly tying website?

Just beautiful tying, that's for sure:)

Who are you, Rachel Marie? Fly Tyer Extraordinaire!

Flysully ,, Hello there!! My name is Andrew ,, just a average God loving dude who loves to fish.. I first started about 30 years ago with my dad.  Around 18-19 years old, my pop asked me to watch " A River Runs Threw It" .. From there I became obsessed with fly fishing and Trout fishing.. At the time I was also a hardcore Striper fiend... Walking and plugging the beach for countless hours.. I said to myself ,," these trout streamers if larger would without a doubt be killer for stripers".... I then got my first 10 weight rod and started to teach myself to tie.. I joined the ASWF for 1 year but it was a ride,, plus I was teaching myself to tie with what I thought were okay results..  Then I pretty much just pounded the heck out of the beach , jetties learning the long rod and catching all of the Northeast's species in time .. 6 or 7 years ago now I ran into a old high school friend who had just bought a 23cc ,, till just 4 months ago I had drifted away from the fly in a pursuit to catch BFT on light tackle.. Well here I am again absolutely obsessed and addicted to the world of fly fishing and tying.. I truly love the artistic aspects of fly tying,, the challenge , and thoughts of replicating baitfish with the rewards of catching truly a majestic fish are priceless to me.. Rachel Marie was the name of a small boat I had and the name of my wonderful loving wife.. If I were to get another boat the name would still be the same..Thank you very very much for your truly flattering and kind remarks , I genuinely appreciate it!! God Bless you sir and tight lines always..--Andrew

I'm all confussed now Salty. All confussed!

Rachel Marie - It sounds from your post like your wife may have passed... If that's the case, very very sorry to hear that. I'd agree with FlySully, your ties are awesome. Keep em coming!

Will

You tie some great flies Andrew. You are the first person I've seen other than myself that cuts angles into the eyes to make your fly look angry... bonus points for that one... 

Very Funny. When I first started seeing Rachel Marie's flies I thought the same thing. In my creepy mind I couldn't wait to see this chick who had crazy skills. I even mentioned to my wife who has zero interest in fishing that there's a new chick posting in the forums that's an amazing tyer and I'm curious to see what she looks like. One you tube video and one goatee later I realized this was no 28yr old blonde I dreamed up in my mind lol. Either way, very glad he's decided to continually post new flies. Thanks for making the forum a better place.

Very Funny. When I first started seeing Rachel Marie's flies I thought the same thing. In my creepy mind I couldn't wait to see this chick who had crazy skills. I even mentioned to my wife who has zero interest in fishing that there's a new chick posting in the forums that's an amazing tyer and I'm curious to see what she looks like. One you tube video and one goatee later I realized this was no 28yr old blonde I dreamed up in my mind lol. Either way, very glad he's decided to continually post new flies. Thanks for making the forum a better place.

And, because of Rachel Marie, aka Andrew, this is a special "fly tying" forum. Thank you, Andrew.

i'd have not posted pics or any video and strung that one out for whatever it was worth... lol.. I posted a reply to one of his threads and left the name Rachel out as I was unsure because....... he made a statement "in the video you are looking at that is me>" I only saw a guy and a guys hand so I was suspect.. my hypothesis was right... a boat name... anyway.... it was fun watching everyone calling you Rachel.... flysully? at first I assumed you were the pilot who landed the airplane on the Hudson.... would be nice to pay attention once in a while but i'm not nosey...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel Marie View Post

Flysully ,, Hello there!! My name is Andrew ,, just a average God loving dude who loves to fish.. I first started about 30 years ago with my dad.  Around 18-19 years old, my pop asked me to watch " A River Runs Threw It" .. From there I became obsessed with fly fishing and Trout fishing.. At the time I was also a hardcore Striper fiend... Walking and plugging the beach for countless hours.. I said to myself ,," these trout streamers if larger would without a doubt be killer for stripers".... I then got my first 10 weight rod and started to teach myself to tie.. I joined the ASWF for 1 year but it was a ride,, plus I was teaching myself to tie with what I thought were okay results..  Then I pretty much just pounded the heck out of the beach , jetties learning the long rod and catching all of the Northeast's species in time .. 6 or 7 years ago now I ran into a old high school friend who had just bought a 23cc ,, till just 4 months ago I had drifted away from the fly in a pursuit to catch BFT on light tackle.. Well here I am again absolutely obsessed and addicted to the world of fly fishing and tying.. I truly love the artistic aspects of fly tying,, the challenge , and thoughts of replicating baitfish with the rewards of catching truly a majestic fish are priceless to me.. Rachel Marie was the name of a small boat I had and the name of my wonderful loving wife.. If I were to get another boat the name would still be the same..Thank you very very much for your truly flattering and kind remarks , I genuinely appreciate it!! God Bless you sir and tight lines always..--Andrew

God bless you. You had me too, thought you were a girl on the other thread too. HappyWave.gif

Im just starting to learn to tie, but your flies and designs are extermely details and unique. Me like.

3 hours ago, Lady Lilly said:

Where can I see some of these beautiful flies that I’ve heard so much about?

thank you 

One way to do it is to click on his name in this thread which will take you to his profile page.

Scroll down the page then you can see the threads he replied to. Click on the thread title and you can see pictures of the flies he posted in the various threads.

He ties some great looking flies.

SF