Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumb-Burner

a new blank to consider

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Just got back from my first trip with the new Century flattie rod.... Love it!

11'5, very slim and lightweight for such a powerful stick.... Even RichSmith (who considers a 9' rod manly) thought it was light! LOL

from 2-5 oz this rod casts extremely well.. I loved it fishing needles and TRYING to land big fish.. had two big fish on (lost them because of operator error, not the rod)and caught a couple smaller fish on it.. handle bigguns very well and was not overkill for the smaller ones..

if you are looking for something for big distance with big plugs or bait that won't break your back or the bank, this blank is a good one to consider... I did not like using it to work topwater stuff that required a lot of rod action.. a little stiff for that to me... it worked, but was tiring...

blank is around 120 bucks and is PURPLE!!!

built by Century in the UK.. A very nice stick that will see a lot of use for me.

frown.gif half the photos dont show on the link?

is it my computer ?

not that i could atempt anything close to it but it is a good tread, thanks billy i got to surf that site in the next couple weeks

frown.gif half the photos dont show on the link?

is it my computer ?

not that i could atempt anything close to it but it is a good tread, thanks billy i got to surf that site in the next couple weeks

thats the photos in the how to wrap your purple blank link redface.gif

on the visualwrap site.

wish i could see it

wow, really loving the step by step fourum

on the visawrap site.

exellent step by step photos, i could read a how to explination but couldnt visualize as good as the photos explain it.

billy icon14.gificon14.gif

VisualWrap is great software that can save hours and hours of frustration. Well worth the investment IMO. That thread on their site may be missing that group of photos (been that way for a while) but all the others in the thread are there.

Steve

Who'd you order the blank from, in case people are interested? Is it imported through a US Supplier, or is it a direct order? If direct from England, what was the shipping and Import Duties...if any?

Not that I don't appreciate a good Detour, but please give TB his due on this thread. I already jacked the other one, lol. REgarding the pictures, I screwed them all up. If you wanna see them e-mail me at vivonab@colsonservices.com. I'd post them here, but I have no photo editting software to reduce the size at home, and no internet access from work. Sorry.

Several people have asked in PM's where to get it and I guess it's ok to post since Tim doesn't carry em..

Two places in the US currently are carrying the Century blanks..

Nick Meyer at Breakaway in TX and Ryan White at Hatteras Jack's in Rodanthe, NC. They have them in stock (but they tend to go kinda fast) and will ship them to you.. all customs and overseas shipping is already taken care of by them.. they are available domestically...

Tobias tried mine out, if anyone wanted to ask his thoughts...