Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gilbey

Colors for an Arra XRA?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Anybody have a good suggestion for thread colors for an Arra XRA blank? I did my first Arra in chocolate brown with copper metallic trim and some yellow in the butt wrap.....came out just fine. Looking for something a little different for the next one. Seems that dark brown blank does not lend itself to many bright colors cwm13.gif .

Alan

It's not a bright color combination, but I think if you got the right shade of gray, perhpas with a tinge of brown in it and trimmed it with silver it would be a classy looking combination with the Arra brown blank color

I find on brown blanks that reds and browns tend to look best. As for trim threads I'd go with gold, silver, copper, bronze or pearl.

I really like Gudbrod garnet (#336 if I recall) with no color preserver. Wet it out with the epoxy and it looks like the real thing. I like Copper metallic trim with this.

like the guys said above, Mark FLynn, a long time ago, turned me on to different shades of browns, dark reds and gold trims with Arra blanks.. they look great.. no NCP, no color preserver. let the color of that blank mix all of those colors together and let them bleed together.. the rod comes out looking rich, deep and perfectly blended..

try a dark brown underwraps, with a dark red over wraps and gold trim bands for the guides.. and metallic gold underwrap with chevrons or diamonds made of light brown, dark brown and reds for the butt wrap.. youll it..

BC