Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rollcast

Rod problem

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Al, After a night of fishing I came home and put my rods on a rack thats outside where i wash them off and let them dry. I went out around one pm to bring them in the house and I noticed one of my rods {11'6" Star Sellar lite}had a sorta white chalk look on the top of the wraps. I took a cloth and wiped it off again. After it had time to dry it still looked the same. Now I do this to all of my rod when I get done fishing and they never looked like this before.The sun was shinning on them for about three hours in the morning, could that be the problem? I have three other Star rods along with St.croix,Breakaway and Loomis and never had this problem. Could you give me some insite?Thanks

Rollcast- this is a fairly common occurence with rods that are finished with a thread finish. Moisture gets under the finish either through minute cracks or pinholes the moisture condenses and appears as a cloudy whiteish substance under the finish allowing to totally dry and the finish will appear normal again, at some point in time the moisture will accumulate to such a point that it will no longer disapate, since it is a factory rod would suggest trying to return it.

John