Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

Did I do something wrong (I think so)?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I completed my first butt wrap last night. Here's what I did (and did NOT do, which is the point of this question). Underwrap with black D thread, diamond pattern in blue and gold with A thread.

My question is after completing the ENTIRE wrap, I realized that I did not apply color preserver to the blank underwrap. The total length of the wrap is only about 5", so re-doing it would not be the end of the world. Just want to get some experienced opinions on whether or not I should go ahead with the finishing process or cut it off and start anew.

Thanks in advance.

No problem at all. Properly applied color preserver will saturate just fine and you should have no headaches with that sequence. I would suggest underwrapping with A thread in the future though. The coarse surface of a D underwrap can make for adjusting and packing the pattern a bit harder than if had been built on the smoother / slicker surface a size A base wrap.

Awesome. I appreciate the help.

Bill-

I was thinking the same thing about underwrapping with A instead of D about 1/2 way through the wrap. hammer-time.gif Glad to hear that I'm thinking along the right lines.

BC-

Thanks. The blue and gold are regular nylon thread, so I am going to be applying some CP today.

CP will soak easily through both layers, no need to redo.Might want to pack threads nice and gently brush a light coat on the weave first so threads won't slip, when that dries a good saturating coat over entire wrap.

biggrin.gif