Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spigola

Rainshadow SU1386F or 1387F

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

What do the rod building gurus think of using either the Rainshadow SU1386F, rated 2-5 oz, or the SU1387F, rated 2-6 oz in lieu of using a Lamiglas GSB1321L. Rod will be made up as a spinner, cork tape.

This is strictly for tossing bottles, poppers, darters, tins and an occasional eel.

I would want about 6 inches taken from the butt section of the Rainshadows so that they would be 11 feet in length.

Spigola

Dave,

I was looking to replace the GSB1321L I stupidly got rid of awhile back and was thinking of cutting the weight and cost back a bit. I really do like the 1321L though and for me it was the perfect plugging rod and bounced a pencil real well also.

I have been fishing the 108 and 120 Rainshadows and they are really sweet. You think it's worth trying to save a few $$ or should I just pick up another 1321L?

Lou

Ooops,

Thanks for pointing that out BC, I missed that on their site. cwm13.gif Thought they were one piecers. OK 1321L it is, again. Gonna' have to see if I can get me one at discount somewhere and get it made up over the winter. redface.gif

Spigola HappyWave.gif

I have a 1386 being built now... (for those of you who saw my resolution i bought the blank several months ago).... Bobinma convinced me that I had to have it.. may want to check with him, but it is a 2 piece as mentioned.