Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
landwave

tired of taping fingers

Rate this topic

178 posts in this topic

Where do you guys find inner tubes small enough to fit a finger? My smallest bike tube is about 1" dia.?

visit a bike store and ask for a spent road bike tube. I use 700x23-25 tubes for my bikes and they fit my finger fine.

my favorite method so far is to buy cheap jersey gloves, about $2 a pair, cut the fingers off then hold them onto my finger with a rubber band. they last a while, they are easily removable if i have to tie a knot and they feel sort of natural (allow my finger to flex). i carry about 3 or 4 with me in case i loose one.

i07nyc, I use the same setup but also tape the top with some of the J&J tape. I found the rubber bands used to keep a lobsters claws closed fit my fingers perfectly and if you change the tape and bands occasionally the glove fingers will last forever...John

Picked up 5 of these for $15 plus $2 shipping. Search this item number of fleabay 360610156735

I had the aquaskinz full glove and it didn't last me a whole season.

Man up.... if you start to cut your finger a lot in the off season you can just build up enough scar tissue... of course holding a lighter to it every three to four day helps also, eventually you will lose all feeling and build up enough scar tissue that you do not need to use tape. Tape is a pain in the butt man.. just go for it

I use the Aquaskins one finger thing. It's starting to give out, but its lasted me a long time. I think something like that is totally worth it for a couple reasons. Tape takes time to put on and you may do it different each time so it'll feel different each time. Plus when you are done with the tape you gotta get rid of it....I ended up with little balls of tape littering my trunk.

The Aquaskins one finger or something similar is sweet. I put it on my bag when I'm done fishing, so the next time Iout i just grab my bag and go. Its easy and quick to put on, and feels the same each time. And there's no tape waste all over my car.