Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
landwave

tired of taping fingers

Rate this topic

178 posts in this topic

I'm tired of having to tape my fingers and dealing with wet tape. So, I found some shrink wrap and custom fit it to my finger. I'm hoping it will last the whole week at the canal.1000

And for the conventional guys without level wind, is there a good glove to wear on the "level wind hand"? Specifically one that will not cut through while thumbing the line to level.

I know you said you're tired of it, but I have found that the wide J&J tape works the best. Stays on even when wet for long periods of time. Generic brands aren't sticky enough when they get wet. The other option is gloves.

I'm tired of having to tape my fingers and dealing with wet tape. So, I found some shrink wrap and custom fit it to my finger. I'm hoping it will last the whole week at the canal.1000
Shrink wrapping your finger is dumb. What's wrong with you?? :laugh:

I have always used my index finger tip for better line feel and as long as i lock down my drag when throwing up to 4 oz i'm good. If the drag slips your in trouble but it looks like your applying that shrink at the crease point of your finger, i couldn't do that, whatever your comfortable with i guess. The Breakaway cannon may be your answer.

Yeah I've been using a medical tape too but found it uncomfortable sometimes...

What's wrong with 1-finger fishing gloves? I found it on ebay for 50cent each long time ago, bought a dozen of them and I'm happy... 

1 for every 2-3 months of heavy fishing...

And it's easy to make your own... All you need is a small piece of thin leather...

Chunka. Which side of Quonnie do you use it on ? I find xfock works

much better on the soft side. It's best to apply it before driving out as the pain will subside by the time you get there !

BTW the low temp shrink wrap works the best