Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

Next Kayak fishing GTG?

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys-

I'd like to get another get together planned for sometime mid-July to meet some new faces, see others again, and get into some fish. Anytime between mid-jult to mid-august (I have a wedding to attend in there somehwere, but not positive of the dates icon15.gif ) works for me.

Perhaps something on LI? Northern Jersey? Doesn't matter really. Whatever works for the masses. I don't mind attempting to organize it, especially if it is on LI somewhere....fishing around the Nissiquoge River might be an option, as it is a nice central location on the north shore.

OK, I'm going to leave it at that. Chyme in with any suggestions on ANYTHING pertaining to this, please. biggrin.gif Back to the cwm15.gif for me. 8 DAYS UNTIL MY EXAM!?!?! cwm31.gif

PS. G-Man, I'd like to get together sometime during this period of the summer and fish your neck of the woods as well. GOT FISH?

------------------

Joe

GO NAVY

g0404980.gif

Raritan Bay????? Quite a few places to launch and lots of fishicon14.gif

------------------

"Any time a man ain't fishin' he's fritterin' away his life." - Rancid Crabtree

Sudsy-

I'm all for it. icon14.gif But someone else may need to take the lead regarding organization, as I have no experience fishing there (drinking in NJ, yup, done that many a time).

FLYFLIKER-

Bleieve me, I was completely conscious of that when I thought of posting something like this! You up for another F$^&G? It would be good to wet a line together again, this time with some fish on the other end.

Stands to reason if we do enough of these

"get-togthers" we'll eventually catch something.biggrin.gif I did get a twinkie on the Susky Flats though.smile.gif

I would think that summer traffic and access would be 2 of the bigger problems this time of the year.

I'm off the 1st two weeks of July (probably be in the Poconos) but I've been threatening to try out on the Island or going up to the Cape.

If you guys put something together I'll try and make it.

Hows this sound - Friday evening July 12 or Saturday anytime July 13. Possible meeting areas could be the public parking lot at the Highlands Marina. Probably the easiest place to meet and we can paddle across to Sandy Hook (it's a bit of a trek, but it can be done) The biggest issue in this area is the boat trafficcwm31.gif

Lots of other areas to meet and launch as well - Leonardo Flats, Sayerville police station, Spy House............

Tides for Highlands starting with July 12, 2002.

Friday

12 Low 4:32 AM -0.4

12 High 10:29 AM 4.4

12 Low 4:31 PM 0.0

12 High 10:33 PM 5.3

Saturday

13 Low 5:16 AM -0.4

13 High 11:21 AM 4.4

13 Low 5:20 PM 0.1

13 High 11:26 PM 5.1

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sudsy (edited 06-19-2002).]

Now I realize I've killed my fair share of threads, but this one doesn't make sense. Let's go YAKKIN

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sudsy (edited 06-21-2002).]

Sorry 'bout not replying. icon15.gif Damn cwm15.gif getting to me....

OK, I have no problem with fishing in NJ, but I'm thinking it may be best if I don't atempt to go fishing on mom's b-day (13th). That kinda slipped my mind before. Oops. The 12th at night may be a possibility, but I would be traveling down from Albany, so I'm not sure how traffic would play out in terms of my be able to meet you guys at the appropriate time.

Any other suggestions for time/day/place from ANYONE? C'mon, Yum Yum is dying to met some of her fellow yaks out there. biggrin.gif