Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
checker

Tarpon Vs Prowler

6 posts in this topic

Was wondering if I could get any feedback from anyone who has fished both the Wilderness Tarpon 140 and the Prowler (angler). I think I've narrowed my search down to these 2 yaks and would appreciate some more "experienced" input. Thanks

Paddled both, used the Prowler for a weekend and I like the OK Prowler over the 140. I did not paddle the 140 for very long, I felt the Prowler was more stable and just as quick. 140 owners may have a different take but this is just my opinion. You should actually try them before you buy, don't go by opinions since you've already narrowed it down to these two.

I have a Tarpon 16.Love it but I was able to paddle a Prowler in windy choppy conditions back to back.I prefered the prowler.The initial stability is far greater then the Tarpon.The cockpit was more comfortable due to the width and better mounting locations.The tankwell is nice to have and the higher bow handled waves better.Also the GPS doesn't lie,I found it to be a tad faster then te Tarpon which was the biggest shock to me.If I had a choice of either I would go for the prowler.

Doug M

C'mon ....only two kayaks under consideration and you are STILL looking for other peoples advice?

MEANINGLESS! They are BOTH fine kayaks, and there is only one way to determine which YOU prefer! Wouldn't it be ironic if you held your nose and bought one ...say because you found a "deal".... and then tried the other on the water and realize you should have bought the second?

Where do you live? Tell us and maybe we can steer you into a demo. But regardless....TRY WHATEVER YOU ARE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING ...you won't have any difficulty determining which YOU prefer.

AMMO

Wow - nothing like a good swift kick of sarcasm to get one off of the fence - tried the Prowler yesterday and decided to go with the Tarpon - picking it up this week !