Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DASBOOT

DRILLING HOLES

8 posts in this topic

I've finally introduced my fishfinder and boat (Cobra Navigator)together for the first time.

My questions are:

1)What is the best hardware/sealant to use

2)When I drill the bigger hole into the hull behind the monitor, isn't there some sort of gasket/plug that goes into the hole to stabilize the opening and the wires now pass through this?

I forget the name of this plug.

3)How have you all dealt with all the extra wire from the transducer & battery?

Flounder,

I never got to see how your wiring was inside the hull.

I've got approx. 10ft of transducer wire to deal with!

Thanks........DASBOOT

1) From what I've read 5200 (I believe that's the #) sealant is the best.

2) They're called grommets and made of rubber. You can get them at the hardware store.

3) You can just bundle up the extra wire and tape it or whatever you'd like to do with it.

Please read the newer Fish Finder thread. My guru max says "Do not use 5200", or epoxy, nor goop. Use GE clear Silicone adhesive-the pricey stuff.

Also, Jon, I was excited to read of your success with the un-can and your plans to establish a fishing service in Baja. Were you considering the Pacific Coast, or the Sea of Cortez for the location? I am interested in working for/with you in that location.

You can email me if you want. Thanks.

Please read the newer Fish Finder thread. My guru max says "Do not use 5200", or epoxy, nor goop. Use GE clear Silicone adhesive-the pricey stuff.

Also, Jon, I was excited to read of your success with the un-can and your plans to establish a fishing service in Baja. Were you considering the Pacific Coast, or the Sea of Cortez for the location? I am interested in working for/with you in that location.

You can email me if you want. Thanks.

RE: Max Chavez Contact Info:

Go to his site and e mail him through the general contact page there. He will read the E mail at night when he gets home and answer then, or the next evening. Max preferrs to not list his phone number and works very hard all day running the transducer manufacturing plant. He wants to help kayak anglers, so just e mail the company and state your questions and he'll respond that way. That is fair, and he is a great fellow.

http://www.radarsonics.com

[This message has been edited by sharp1 (edited 01-07-2002).]