Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BCall

Monday 10/22 Report

11 posts in this topic

Took off from Glen Island about 0700 to look for blues with Scott O. Went North with the perfect conditions. Saw absolutely nothing in about the 8 miles we covered. Nobody was catching anything but bottom fish. Met a fisherman in an V-Hull with a Maine registration. Said he occasionally fishes with notorious kayak fisherman Steve and Joe. Didn't get his name. He said he had gone from City Island, Manhasset, to our position, and hadn't seen anything. Seemed like a nice guy, but I didn't get his name.

Hope somebody can find those schools of bait.

Maybe JonS can help us find some when he gets back.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get fish. Sometimes its like that. The guy in the boat sounds like Bob. Did he have a Grady White? Joey's the best resource for that area since its his backyard. The stripers will be moving into the area bigtime once that weather starts to cool.

The weather was beautiful for fishing. Thank goodnes we didn't do any catching though. Brian and I did catch a couple of starfish and had some wonderful sightseeing and paddling. Can't wait til the stripers get in. Scott

the guys name is Jon, who is also a yak fisherman. He just brought his boat down from Maine in the past month. Very nice guy. Fly and spin fisherman. Has fished the area for decades and finds fish, usually. Is that just me who is notorious, or is Joey also? Frankly, i think joey is far more notorious than I am.

This time last year, the place was on fire. I headed out Sun. looking for a little deja vu and didn't find it. Everything's running late this year, I think. Reports are still very strong up north. I just hope we have the weather to fish when the fish arrive.

Two years ago, we were out there until Dec. 15.

Hey bcall....usually when someone new fishes my area with kayak they usually ask for my blessing smile.gif, but I will let you slide this time.

fishing will just get bettter, last year at this time things were slow and then it all broke loose. Water is still warm and I think next cold snap will bring the bass around....2 year ago me and steve were chasing bass around well into december. Let me know if you want we can meet up and I will show you some good spots, only after a swearing in ceremony ofcourse wink.gif

joe

Stevel when you are out yakking in NY area is everybody asking you if you are joey?He has to be the most famous yakker in the area no lie I been asked at least 8 times if I was joey smile.gif joev

I was getting my car fixed at the dealer, talking to this couple about their kayak rack. Told them I fished the LI sound in my kayak. Response: "you're not joey kayaker are you?''

I was at a fishing conference in LI, talking to a guy who can't catch fish. Told him I fished the LI Sound in my kayak. Response: "you're not that F*&^%k joey kayaker are you?''

6 a.m. Sunup out on the water in June. Fishing by myself in my yak. Say hello to a couple of boaters. Response: "you're not joey kayaker are you?''

For the record, I am not Joey Kayker. I do not even play him on TV. I think I'm going to name my boat THE NOT JOEY KAYAKER.

Joey is a star. More famous than Rich Johnson. If only the SOB didn't catch so many fish, I could seriously diss him. As it stands, the only real criticism I have is that they guy loses more fish in a day then most of us will hook in a week. You might call him Joey Kayaker. I call him Dull Hooks Joey.

BTW, There's a very small sign at the entrance to Glenn Island, over behind the bridge, next to the playground, that reads, "Kayak fishing by permission of Don Joey the Kayaker Only. All others will be skunked.''

LOL Steve good stuff.Joey is one great guy. I have been fishing with him for the past 4 weeks and its been great .I thank him and jons for making my Yak season a great one.

joev

I was there (by accident of being too late to catch the crew) on Sat am well before park opened. Guard at the bridge was so accomodating after I told him I had a kayak that I thought he was going to carry it for me. Now I realize why he seemed all warmed up! Hope to hook up with all of you eventually.

Jim