Friday night I put out an all call for anyone who wanred to fish. I got a couple responses but in the end nobody was able to make it. So I decided to go solo. I started off by going to the Beesley's pt. bridge about an hour before dusk. I worked around the entire island. I didn't have so much as a touch. One thing that did happen, I was paddling towards the bridge in about 3' of water and spooked a fish that was LARGE. It made one hell of a splash next to me.(Scared the poo out of me) I decided to switch locations at about 8pm. Went closer toward the inlet, to the Delores Cooper bridge. I netted some peanuts fo a couple guys on the dock next to the bridge then thru the yak in. I paddled across to the other side and heard popping all along the sod banks. I was throwing a skitter pop. The bass had poor aim. The had 6 swing and misses on me. I finally hooked up only to lose it quickly. Disgusted, I decided to switch locations again.

I decided to get closer to the inlet. I made my way to longport. I put in behind longort, next to a seawall. I began working the docks between the inlet and the bridge with a fin-s. Picked up 4 weakies and 2 slot bass in a little over an hour. The hilite of the night was a bass(I think) I hooked. I got the fish out from under a dock and he decided to drag me for about 10 min. I was close to the bridge and decided I had to tighten the screws on him. I had him under me when the hook popped. After further evaluation I notice the hook was straightened. I couldn't believe the hook did that with 12lb line. Overall not bad.

Who wants in next week. It's easy fishing these docks and you can see the weakies swimin in the lights. Very cool stuff.

Yeah, sorry Bob and I never got back to you. I didn't get to LBI until 9:30pm friday and we hit the beach well before sunrise saturday morning.

We started out plugging the beach at various spots, never did get anything more than an interested peck that may or may not have been a fish. We ended up down at the south end of the island netting finger mullet which we turned into a respectable collection of 3-4 pound blues. I also got my best fluke to date (estimated at about 4 pounds) but let it swim after a quick picture. Never did hit the water in the yaks but we toted them around all day.

By the time we came off the water I had to hit the road back to Baltimore. I'm somewhat behind on the Honey-do's after two consecutive on-the-road fishing trips but I'll look harder at this weekend as it approaches.

Chris

Eelball,

Definately sorry I couldn't make it Friday night. Keep me informed of when you are heading out, I will be on LBI every weekend for the next 7-8 weeks. I could make an evening run on most Saturdays or an early morning trip on Sundays. Just need time to let the wife know, we both fish the LBI surf tourney together, so she can decide if she is going to drop me off or sleep in. I try and keep the surf my #1 priority this time of year, what with the chance of some big bucks to be won.

JonS, eelbal's a little south of AC. Where he fished Friday was on the outside of Ocean City, NJ. For you it is probably about a 2-21/2 hour run down the GSP.

Another option, as per Pmjasper's thread would be all of us hooking up at IBSP, and doing the sodbanks there, it is pretty much the middle of the state and an easy place to find for those not familiar. Not to mention a pretty unspoiled area.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Mullet Miller (edited 09-25-2001).]

JonS,

I,m about 15min outside of A.C.

I'll be going again this weekend. Friday is a possibility, but not till after the Black Crows concert in A.C.biggrin.gif

MM,

I think saturday is a definite. Let me know what you think.

[This message has been edited by eelball (edited 09-25-2001).]

Jigbone,

Sounds good. I could use some company. Just about everyplace I've gone is holding fish now. I went Friday night over to rainbow channel and was getting weakies. They were thick, but I was under dressed and froze my ash off. How about this friday, weather permitting. Maybe a mid week hit? I get up early for work so my nights are limited to early sessions during the week. Unless I'm knockin the snot out of something. Let me know what you have in mind?

eelball

Hey Guys,

Anybody mind if I crash this party??? I haven't been out at night on the yak yet so going with a couple of guys that "been there / done that" would be cool. The weather's looking real good for Tue and Wed but I'm not sure of the tides.

What gear/lights do you use for night fishing?

I work in Philly and live in Sewell so I can probably get down to OC around 7-7:30pm unless i can swing working from home on Wed in which case I could get down @ 5:30pm.

I just have to check to see what's going on at the homefront. Back-to-school nights are done so I may be good to go.

Soupy

AW- SHUCKSbiggrin.gifI'm not THAT famous. I went last night but between the storm and the moon and slack tide I got the el skunko. It will rebound.

Soupy,

Thurs is cool with me. Hit me with a time and I'll be ready to rock. I like it dark so after 7 is ideal. I don't wanna fish to late. Gotta get up at 5:30.

Lib.,

Friday DEFINATLY!Don't have to get up to early. Lot's of places on my hit list. Probably wait till about 10 or so for the tide to be right. I'll check back in tomorrow.