Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DougC

Are any of us "Fling'n'"???

12 posts in this topic

The big SOL fling weekend is coming up. (May 17 and 19) I was wondering if any of us are going to attend either the regular Spring Fling on that Friday or the Fly Fling on Sunday. I attended the first Spring Fling in 2000..man..what nasty weather!!

I follow the fly forum and since they are hosting the event at the kayak / canoe launch as per last year I thought it might be nice to attend. I most likely will if my second boat is ready by then.

Sounds like a nice thing you fellas are putting together up there in the Hudson. It's a lil far for me. IBSP is within my usual area for fishing, and I know it is also in striking distance for a lot of us NJ types with kayaks.

So who's go'n?

I was thinking of flinging, but really ahdn't though of bringing the yak, mostly going to be night time. Scott

Scott, the fly fling is during Sunday afternoon. I'm not sure if it is decided yet but they are discussing a 12 noon start time. I'm not planning on Friday either. I really like how you have your Swing set up. I'd like to get in one this year, from what I've been reading it sounds like one fine boat!

Chief, I think it would be a good oppurtunity for some of us to get together and maybe make some new buddies to fish with, learn some stuff.

The Fly Forum group is a bunch of good fellas. Bob Pop, Capt. Gene and the gang are all Top Notch, and I have yet to meet Jim DE.

[This message has been edited by DougC (edited 04-25-2002).]

I may be interested in partaking this Fling. Don't know chit bout the fly thing, YET. But would love to see you guys in action and maybe learn a thing or 2.... I would be doing a weekend thing if I do go. Have yak will travel. If time permits. I'll let ya know when it gets a little closer.

Anyone up for a car pool from Points East? smile.gif Let me know....

Dick

Jim DE has a thread going in the fly forum about the fly fling.

I got all my info there. Basically it is going to be held on Sunday May 19th likely at noon till whenever. It is being held at the IBSP kayak / canoe launch at area 15, which is on the Barnegat Bay side of the island.

Jon,

Jamie and I plan to attend hopefully with two kayaks and if the weather is nice. I have not been looking elsewhere either. By the time I saw what was going on it had been talked about quite a bit already.

Spring Fling info: http://www.stripersonline.com/ubb547...ML/018443.html

Fly Fling Info: http://www.stripersonline.com/ubb547...ML/001582.html

[This message has been edited by DougC (edited 04-26-2002).]