Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sharp1

Purple Tiger Proto

20 posts in this topic

purpletiger.jpg

I just got a few more of these "Purple Tiger" Prototypes from my friendly Florida friends Moss and Cheryl Sipple. It is a 4 inch lure and is HOT! I trolled it behind my kayak in King Harbor at sundown and couldn't paddle 5 strokes without a hookup. Each of three stops was a different species too; Bonito, Bass, Mackeral. I cast it and had 1/2 dozen fish follow right up to the yak. One guy says he caught 15 Barracuda on one single lure before destruction (different color though), so this particular plastic body material is very different and way tougher than the hand poured plastics. It also has a Lexan (polycarbonate)plastic inner frame for strength and will test out at 80#. I took a bunch of Purple Tigers out to Catalina last summer and gave them out to a bunch of kayak anglers engaged in a friendly competition. Those who used the lure caught Bass galore. I'd say this may be a good lure for the Bluefish because it is so effective and pretty tough. Worth a try. The plastic smells like bandaids type plastic says my wife. Does anyone have these yet?

dancer.gif

Sharp1

[This message has been edited by sharp1 (edited 02-13-2002).]

[...I took a bunch of Purple Tigers out to Catalina last summer and gave them out to a bunch of kayak anglers engaged in a friendly competition. ...Sharp1

Sharp1,

And what make you think that we don't engage in friendly competitions?

Just give us a bunch and you will find out! wink.gif

"Crazy" Alberto

Um.... really? Not yet anyway (5pm east coast). confused.gif

Thanks for trying though.Chris

(edited 02-14-2002).]

Chris-I should have said PM'd ya! Illl re-do another PM in case it did not happen-OK?email.gif