Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmckay

Enter to win a PENN Prevail Surf Rod!

Rate this topic

1,060 posts in this topic

I would use the Penn outfit at the Jersey shore fishing for stripers and blues off the beaches of Sea Isle City where I have a home. When I go on vacation I will take the Penn outfit to the beaches of Saint Martin where I'll be fishing for Tarpon and Snook, I go to Saint Martin for 2 weeks every year in January. I'll also be fishing the salt ponds in Phillipsburg, Saint Martin for (virtually) land locked Tarpon!!

Sounds like some good rods, either length is fine for me, as long as it can hurl a chunk of bait and a 5 oz. sinker off the coastlines near Marineland, down in Florida...Some of the reds that come through after the mullet runs are plenty big, especially at night, when things get quiet, and the surf is rolling like liquid glass.....

i live in southern calif. i surf fish quite a bit. what we catch here is pretty small compared to the east coast. in northern calif. they do more fishing from the rocks for rockfish, lingcod, etc. they also have strippers from monterey northward.  while i love light line fishing here for perch, corbina, and croaker, i'v decided to trek north this summer to fish for the big boys. i think your penn prevail rod is just what i need.