Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eelball

Tried Trolling.

6 posts in this topic

I've been doing O.K. with the bass lately but thought about all my down time paddling from spot to spot. So I remembered what Marksharky said about "covering alot more water" So I tossed out my bomber and began to paddle. I only got about 50 yrds and got a nice 32"er. I was fishing with glazehead. We got to my spot and nothing was goin on. So we went to his spot and he got a short. I had to get up for work in the morning so I told him I was gonna leave. So I tossed ot the bomber and headed back. About halfway there I got a 24". then another 100ft from that I picked a 30"er up. Without trolling up those fish I woulda got skunkoed. Thanks for puttin the idea into my head and I will be doing it more often now.(Can you say tonight)

eelball

E I think the key to the troll thing is slow , you can get a bait to react alot differently when you paddle than when you reel, much more erractic retrive on the troll My fish seem to hit on the drop . But I always ask Why wouldn't you want to have a bait in the water when your moving?????

lg_smile.gif "Hey George, your makin me jealous! " I haven't had a chance to get out but once since I fished with you, that was the day after up here in the surf & caught 2 shorties trollin .... Keep postin mate I just may head back down your way in the near future.

Eel-

I make a habit to troll when ever I'm going from one place to another. This summer, it seemed that when ever things were slow casting, I'd troll to a new locale and more often than not, I'd find a fish. Great habit to get into. Also, I try new trolling gear just for giggles. Tube and worm have been productive along with swimming Ozories,

dougie v