Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Emotion Exhilarator First Paddle

3 posts in this topic

I had the Ex out yesterday for a maiden voyage. It may look like a Cobra but it don't act like one. The first thing one notices is the nice finnish and how light it is. Next I noticed was the bow sits paralell to the water, not up like Explorers and Navs. Sitting in it finds it very comfortable but wide body's need not apply. Lots of leg room. It will easily handle a 34" inseam with legs fully stretched and probably more. It has more initial and a lot more secondary stability. Its a stable kayak. The speed is better too but its not going to win any awards. Its a very comfortable yak and it will get a lot of use from me. With an StS highback seat and an air pillow it was extremely comfortable.

The only negative thing I can say about the kayak is that it still has some hull slap. NOt nearly as pronounced as a Cobra but its there.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net

Jon, You forgot how cool the colors are. We sold out of the dirt brown ones the first weekend we got them in.The handles allow you to easily control the boat when holding it over your head. e.g placing on car racks...

Barrell

Barrell, the colors are cool. Did you see the purple one at the warehouse? Paul says that he's going home with it.

Have you paddled the CoMotion yet?

The handles are great. This yak is so easy to move around and the improvements in both initial and secondary stability over its look alikes is great.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net