I'm OUT and I'm PROUD

Ok, I admit it; I was a lurkerfrown.gif for several weeks on this board. But thanks to encouragement from PorterHappyWave.gif I am OUT and I am PROUD to proclaim my fishuality. Yes, I am a Fly Fishing Kayakfisherperson...confused.gif.

Ok, now that's over with, I live in Coatesville Pa, with Margaret (wife) & Dewey (100lb black lab). I have been fishing since birth, Fly Fishing for 5 yrs and paddeling for 1 yr.

I just ordered an Islander Ventura (lime green) and a pungo for Margaret & dewey that should be in sooncwm12.gif. Mean time, I am living vicariously through all of yousmile.gif. After reading the board the past few weeks, I feel like I have enrolled in Kayak U. The fling sounds like it was a really good time, except for the weather. Can't believe I missed it since I live about an hour away. BUT there's always NEXT YEARbiggrin.gif.

Anyway, thanks for all the information and laughs so far and I look forward to making many new friends here. Best regards to all -Ed.

------------------

(b)(i)flyak(/b)(/i)

Glad you're out Flyak! Don't be ashamed just always remind others not to knock it till they've tried it. wink.gif

Christian, You've got some pretty nice places over there in York. I have not hit the Susq'e in a few years. I plan on changing that this season. I gotta get a license first since I live in Jersey.

Don't worry...I bet there will be more flings for you to attend Flyak.

Hi Christian. When I wade the Susquehanna, I usually go to Middletown near the boat ramp. When I kayakfish, I rent from bluemoon in Marysville and putin in Duncannon then drift back to Marysville. It's about an 8 mile drift with PLENTY of hot spots. biggrin.gif Shoot me an e-mail when you want to go...even if we just wade. -Ed

------------------

flyak

flyak,

Coatesville? I'm about 20min. North or you in Morgantown. I hit the Conowingo as often as I can. Just did a trip from Deer Creek all the way to Perryville this past weekend. There is a few of us within an hour of the dam. Shoot me an email and I'll let you know next time I go. I think I'm heading down this Sunday, but not 100% sure just yet.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of SOL. I'm sure you'll be happy you came.

Dick

Hi Dick,

Wow, I could hit Morgantown with a Five iron.(well, not quite, icon15.gif but it's really close!)

My Boat comes in in a week or two. After that, I'm game for anything. If you're wadeing and not yaking in the meantime, I'm IN! smile.gif Also, you may be interested in comming down to my area to fish Marsh Creek Lake or Chambers Lake. No Stripers but it's a nice relaxing couple of hours. Either way we will definately hook up. -Ed

I've done the Marsh Creek, Kind of dead, but a nice paddle. I have yet to fish Chambers lake, but do have plans to hit it soon. Give me a shout when your yak comes in and we can hit the water whenever you want. This Sunday may be a wadeing trip to the dam. so let me know if your interested and we can hook up.