Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Demo Day

10 posts in this topic

We'll be doing a raffle for the guys that show up that already have kayaks. SO its a good day for all. Guys get to try out kayaks that they normally wouldn't have access to, see how others have rigged them, meet potential new fishing buddies, and of course for the person looking to get into the sport, its invaluable.

Rich, I look foward to meeting you. As to setting up a FF on a Ride, I'd use a RAM Marine electronics mount and then you can mount virtually any FF on the market. We can go over it on Saturday.

hey rich/Jon has driftsocks!! get the medium sized one, even though it's for bigger craft. The wind energy is a powerful thing with yaks.

I'll have Cobra Explorer, Navigator & FnD

WS Tarpon, Pungo & Ride

Clearwater Design Invuik

I'm sure that there will also be a Cobra Tourer around too.

It was a lot of work but went well. When I showed up at 8 AM there were already half a dozen guys waiting for me. It was a long day as I didn't get loaded up and leave until almost 3 PM. It was very entertaining watching Derrick get into a Pungo. He almost sank the Ride. Kayak manufacturers don't generally make kayaks for guys that are the size of NFL lineman. John M commented that he didn't feel so big with Derrick in attendance.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net