Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassBlitz

Kayaking in state parks

4 posts in this topic

Talk to Tommy the head of the State park out at Montauk today about Kayaking there. Tommy told the state is working on new rules that will include Yakking in state parks. He said they where not thinking of letting us do it at the point because of all the rocks but I asked about launching at Clarks cove. Tommy thought that would be a good idea and would suggest it to the state. So with a little luck we'll be able to Yak the point next year.

Eddie

Eddie,

Thats where I launch all the time, usually at night. So far, no problems. i know it's playing cute, but the permits don't specify kayaks. i don't think that it is considered a boat, but maybe. I think I'm headed there tommorow. If you want to kayak it at night, I'll be there. The only time I don't launch is when there is a lot of guys on the beach. I don';t see any reason why we shouldn't be allowed to launch there. It's far more dangerous to launch on the sandy beaches and the State park Ranger at Hither Hills has never said anything to me, except for asking about the fishing.

Phil

I know you do I've seen you and your friend Jay wink.gif. Two white Cobra's. LOL. I meet Jay last week at north bar he said you where on your way out the next morning. the next time your there I'd like to see how you put the lights on the Yak's.

Eddie