First Kayak?

My dad wants to sell my 17' Boston Whaler since it has too many problems and is getting very expensive. I'm thinking about getting a Kayak so I can still wireline troll, mono troll, cast, drift, anything, or just paddle around and listen to music on a boombox - plus my dad is getting a small one so we can paddle together and race and stuff.

How are the Heritage kayaks? I saw the "Featherlight 12' Angler" it looks really nice, only 50#...need something to fit in the bed of the truck, even if its hanging out a little....

My budget is around $600-800....can anyone recommend anything???thanks! biggrin.gif

thanks. well wat do u kno, now my dad doesnt want me to have a yak....hes trying to get me away from all the vessel stuff and spend lots of cash to hook me up as a surfcaster. nothing wrong with that, the aquaskins jacket, waders, korkers, necklight, bronco bag, custom rods and all that.....but ill miss my boat. but hes going to let me on party boats on weekends, so im not missing out on a lot I guess. might be worth it.