Anyone interested in Yak fishing Boston Harbour this Sunday Am?

Hi Guys,

Got the bug last night, when I caught a 28" striper on my freshwater rod in the Charles river last night. What a fight!

Thinking about fishing via yak out around Hull this Sunday morning. Any MA locals interested? Or any local with better plans, looking for company?

G-Man

Thanks for the reply Jon.

So I gather the MV trip never materialized for next week,huh? Do you have any plans to come up to New England?

Here's another thought for locals...

Southern tip of Newport RI, has that reef right off Ocean drive. The big boats don't dare go there, but it looks ideal for the Kayak. Has anyone fished from kayak there?

Thanks Joe,

4 Weeks of summer in Newport sounds excellent! I'm just now getting plugged back into this forum. Where are you located Joe?

I'll probably try fishing the Newport reef over Mem weekend, since I'll be in Wickford RI most of next weekend.(Dad's place) The Narragansett\\Pt.Judith shores look very interesting as well.

I'll let you guys know what really materializes. Thanks

G-Man-

I'm in Albany, NY now. I was training with the Navy there last summer, so I didn't get out nearly as muich as I would have liked. But I could still see what a great place it was to be during that time of year. A bit crowded during the weekends, but I guess that's to be expected....

Have kayak...will travel.

G-Man, with launching our website there wasn't any way that we could take off for a week right now. Too much happening. I won't do the Vineyard for a few days with the ferry cost, etc. We are going to hit the Cape next month for a few days. Looks like myself, Joey and Doug and possibly my buddy Chris. We will be up your way a few times.

Also we are going to do a fall MV trip. Probably late October or early November. Several guys have already requested it.

MV=Martha's Vineyard

That's great news Jon!

I figured you had some good plans for NE waters. I know you like it up here, too.

Please keep me posted on the dates\\details for the June visit. Assuming I'm invited. smile.gif

My suggestion would be for Chatham and Pleasant bay area (Nauset), but you know the cape as well as I do.

Actually I don't know the Cape at all. I haven't been up there since 1980, excluding one trip to MV. The trip in 1980 was a float tube trip fishing for smallmouths.

Doug is our guide. Just not sure yet when it will be. As we get closer we'll communicate. Pop me an email at bajawannabe@earthlink.net with phone #, real name, so we can communicate. I think I have it but I speak with a lot of people and with user names not matching real names most of the time it gets tuff, especially since I'm bad with names anyway.

Salty, you want to play.

We'll keep everyone posted and set up a date no later than mid-summer for MV. It will be one hell of a yak attack on the island.

G Man,

if your looking for someone to fish that Newport reef, I'd be interested in giving it a shot! I fish Narragansett often but usually from rocks. I've been yak fishin 5+ yrs but will not yak fish that spot without someone else...BIG WATER can show up quick! Anyways, next Saturday could be an option or even Monday- let me know what your thinking. I might be able to get some of the other CT guys interested...

Dougie v

[This message has been edited by dougie v (edited 05-18-2002).]