Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seahoss

Pungo

3 posts in this topic

Any of you Pungo owners tried out the new 14 footer. Going to take a ride to Billington Sea today and give one a try. I like my Pungo, but a little longer and two bulkheads could mean the perfect boat. New seat looks great too.

Might also try out the new Pamlico 14 cwm12.gif

Hoss -

Report back after your paddle. I got my Pungo from Billington. Nice folks and the lake in the backyard makes test drives easy. But given my size, that 14' Pungo sounds interesting.

Hi guys,i just went from the original to the 140 myself.The 140 is a good bit faster with better glide.In fact,its very fast.I talked with a guy who has the Tarpon 160 as well as the 140 and he says its even faster than his T-160.It turns just about the same which is real nice.Id say the tracking on the original might be just a bit better.I think this is due to the slightly less pronounced chines.They flattened the hull just a bit.On the other hand,this makes it a bit more stable if you hang up on something in very shallow water or whatever.Overall both initial and secondary stability is about the same.I really cant tell any differece myself.There is a bulkhead in stern but not in the bow.Cant figure why they put the hatch on without it.Only adds to the cost but its no big deal to add a bulkhead if you like.Overall the boat is a bit more streamlined.The upper deck is lower as is the CP rim.It's more comfortable when you put your feet up on the upper deck or hang them over the side in the water.The CP rim has been beefed up and has less give.They're using a new plastic these days.Its the same as was used in the old ultra light Pungo.It actually feels a bit lighter than the old std version and very smooth finnish.Theres no texturing in the plastic as on the old ones.I got the khaki color which looks great.The new colors are a bit different than in the past.They have a richer,creamier hue to them.Myself,i think its well worth going for.Of course,what you get for your old boat and the price you get on the 140 comes into it but i think you'll be glad you got one.I certainly am!If you have any questions i'll try to answer best i can.Good luck!