Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pmjasper

Best spot to drop in the Navesink River

7 posts in this topic

Thinking of doing some morning fishing on the Navesink River on Saturday. Anybody know where the best spots to drop the yak in are? Preferably want to fish the area around the Oceanic Bridge and i am aware of the Oceanic Marina but don't know what time they open or if you can drop a yak in by them. Thank you.

------------------

<A HREF="mailto:

metzpetit@aol.com

"]

metzpetit@aol.com

</A>

Access is poor especially during daylight and in the summer season. I've only fished there in the middle of the night. Rumson has a neat spot but it requires a permit and you might have to be a town resident. There are a few public spots to put in on the Shrew.

jon can't wait to get out there and use the yak. it's always so busy after work but i'm sure i can get in a few hours early in the morning on Saturday. That yak book sounds interesting. if you can let me know how to grab a copy of it. otherwise i tried to set up the anchor line pulley system and i'm not really sure if i'm satisfied with it. got some bungees but fo course the're the rubber kind so i'll probably switch to the regular bungees when i get a chance. also modified a small box for lure storage behind the seat but as with everything i mentioned earlier not sure if i'm truely satisfied with it. the only true way to tell is by getting out on the water and trying it out. just one additional question...i set up the pulley for the anchor and i run the anchor line through the snap that is tied in secure to the pulley line but how do you secure the anchor line to the yak? Do you tie a loop in the anchor line and attach the loop to the snap? Or do you tie the anchor line off the yak directly? hope you can understand this and i'll talk to you soon.

Phil, I either tie a loop in the line, for a short line or I use the entire 50' of line and attach the clip to the assembly that the line is on.

I've got the books here and its very worthwhile.

sounds good hopefully i can check one out when the surf to summit seat comes in. i was thinking of adding small chocks to the yak on either side of the seat to tie off the anchor line. still have yet to get out in the yak though. hopefully soon. talk to you later.

------------------

<A HREF="mailto:

metzpetit@aol.com

"]

metzpetit@aol.com

</A>

fishfella, welcome to the board. Here are the public access points.

1) Its at Seawahma Ave. Take Seven Bridges Rd. (south) to Monmouth Blvd. (east). Make a left on Peck Ave. and at the end of Peck make a left and then your first right is Seawahma Ave. There's a dirt parking lot and launch ramp.

2) This one is just around the corner from the "Fly Hatch". From Garden State exit # 109 head east on Rt. 520 (Newman Springs Rd.). Make a right on Broad St. (Rt. 35). Take a left at Sycamore Ave. Make a right on Oceanpoert Ave. and then an immediate left onto Eastview Ave. Yoiur second right will be Riverview Ave. Its 2 blocks to a paved public ramp.