Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimW

What happens if there's gators around?

13 posts in this topic

You are right Jon, no gaters in the salt, but they do have crocodiles to 24 ft that could really swallow a Pungo and its occupant in one big bite...but you have to go to Australia for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Florida Crocks max out at only 17 feet...Cliff

Umm, there's not supposed to be gators in the salt but I seen one with my own eyes in the gulf a few years back, he was a little guy 3 or 4 ft probably lost. That was right after we convinced my sister it was ok to swim because there's no gators in the salt water. cwm31.gif

I do beleive that they have saltwater crocks in FL. but they're way south and rare. I believe that its the extreme northern end of their range.

Florida has Crocks, Alligators and Caimen, all grow big and all eat the same way, they grab your leg then start rolling till it tears off!

If you drive down the Sunshine Parkway glance over at the canals that run along side. Those huge dark objects floating on the water and sunning on the banks are not bumpy logs. Many a poodle has vanished without a trace just because it stopped for a drink of water!

Duck hunters have stopped using dogs to retrieve their birds and float tube fishing is at a minimum! Those monsters have survived the Dinasaurs for good reason.....

Just west of Orland is the Harrison Chain of lakes, just ponds to us. The water quality is so poor they pulled 400 dead alligators out of one lake alone, many other dead gaters just sank...imgine the real population per lake? Time for some alligator burger fast food joints! Very tasty they say.