Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reel lucky

wanting to get a kayak

3 posts in this topic

A few months ago while at the OBX my friends and I were all trying to throw our surf rigs out to this one spot where a lot of action was happening, but on a couple of us could cast that far. Thats when we started renting a kayak everyday and using it to carry our bait out there to where ever we wanted it and dropping it down. For next year I want to have a kayak of our own to use down there and plus I think it would be something fun to use in my spare time while I am at school here at UNCW. Any suggestions for a resonably priced and stable kayak to use in the ocean? Thanks for any help.

I just deleted a link to a commercial site, by a user of SOL who should know better.

Read some of the kayak selection threads we have had recently, so you know what your homework assignment is.

There is no "one choice" that is best. Only "Best for YOU". Do not be manipulated into buying what happens to be in stock somewhere.

If it was me, sorry, no disrespect intended, just trying to help someone out. If you look up **** or search this site, this topic is covered in depth. I fish a Wilderness system Tarpon 120, they 140 is newer and bigger, (advantages and disadvantages) the tarpon 160 is thinner not as stable, but faster. Emotion makes the fisherman, Malibu makes the extrme, OK makes the caper. All are very good fishing kayaks. Call ask around and try as many as possible. If you are over 220# I would avoid the tarpon 120 and 140. How tall you are, how much you weigh, where you will use it and and what you are targeting all come into play when choosing a yak. Do the research or sent me a PM.